profile
I am Mi-Ann.
14 15 16 17 18 20 21 23 years old.
Student of the universe.
Bullshit intolerant.



time travel
♥ July 2007
♥ August 2007
♥ September 2007
♥ October 2007
♥ November 2007
♥ December 2007
♥ January 2008
♥ February 2008
♥ March 2008
♥ April 2008
♥ May 2008
♥ June 2008
♥ July 2008
♥ August 2008
♥ September 2008
♥ October 2008
♥ November 2008
♥ December 2008
♥ January 2009
♥ February 2009
♥ March 2009
♥ April 2009
♥ May 2009
♥ June 2009
♥ July 2009
♥ September 2009
♥ October 2009
♥ November 2009
♥ December 2009
♥ January 2010
♥ February 2010
♥ March 2010
♥ April 2010
♥ May 2010
♥ June 2010
♥ July 2010
♥ September 2010
♥ October 2010
♥ November 2010
♥ December 2010
♥ January 2011
♥ February 2011
♥ April 2011
♥ May 2011
♥ June 2011
♥ October 2011
♥ August 2012
♥ December 2013

credits
icon: photobucket

disclaimer
everything i write here is true on the moment i wrote it. it may or may not hold truth anymore at present.
RESPECT. that's all im asking


Reach for the stars.. so if you fall short, you land in the clouds.
Like a kaleidoscope, don't want it to be over.
11:39 PM | Saturday, November 27, 2010


I know I haven't blogging for a while. You must be already used to that by now. There really are just times when I completely forget about the excitement blogging brings me. But every once in a while, I'm here talking about senseless thoughts and ideas.

Sooo, today I'm here to talk abouuut: Colors! Colors in nails, specifically.

Growing up, I haven't been that much of a nail coloring type. Maybe because I studied on a strict Catholic highschool where they had rules on having no nail polish I most definitely had to abide to. And then as I graduated, I took a course which required me to keep my nails short and polish free for health promotion and uniformity purposes. But lately, I have been addicted to getting colors on my nails. Before, it was just every semestral breaks when we get two weeks (or by God's mercy, more) free of classes. I usually grow my nails long and have colors on them. But now, I try to get nail polish every time I get the chance to keep the colors for 3 days or more (like long weekends and such). Nail coloring for me, is just a refreshing way of expressing and showing off the liveliness and vibrancy of life. Colors keep life spirited and exciting. As I always say, colors inspire. =)

Anyway. I'll show you a short photo timeline of the colors my nails have complemented itself with. This isn't everything since I didn't really get pictures of my nails everytime I get them done, especially during my high school years. But here it goes, anyway.


First decent picture I have with colored nails. This was taken on my sister's enrollment in Sacred Heart School - Jesuits (as it was known that time. It now nrings its new name, Sacred Heart School - Ateneo de Cebu) while I was waiting in the car. Prior to this picture, I have had painted my nails with whatever colors my mother had - which mostly were classic reds and nude colors. I'd just sneak into her dresser and used whatever she had. This color, I actually just saw lying in the deep corner of our cabinet. My mother didn't use this color, but I on the other hand took the liberty and used it. This was the first time I actually got satisfied with how it came out. I used to have suckish hands when it comes to nail coloring. I never quite get them right. Especially the left fingers (I'm a lefty.)




This was taken on our Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. I had my very first ever manicure by a 'manicurista' for this occasion. I'm sorry if this picture doesn't even show the slightest bit of my nails. I swear there was a picture where my nails were visible but I had trouble looking for it. So we'll just settle for this. I had a french tip that time, btw.



This was taken on the first day of my first summer in college. My close friends slash classmates and I decided to take ourselves to a pamper day. I had a haircut and a full mani-pedi. Later that day, my close friends, Feliz, Karen and I decided to watch AI alum, Jason Castro perform a mini concert in Ayala Terraces. And boy was that a blast. The three of us have awesome attention-seeking powers that enabled Jason Castro to notice us even if we didn't have seats (we were seated at a coffee shop behind the stage). To aid you in understanding whatever craziness the three of us managed, see it on YouTube: click here. I also made a blog post on that right here: click! As you can see in the photos, I had lime green nails!



This one was taken after my summer semester. We had a spontaneous day out with my friends, Feliz and Patty. We got lost in Waterfront Hotel, and dragged our feet around IT park, finally settled in Coffee Bean. I had pastel purple nails! :)


Around intrams, I had WHITE NAILSSS! My favorite color on my nails. I don't know but there's something about while nails that really entices me. I've always wanted one. I tried to get a pedi of it but failed. Well actually, I already had it, then we had no time to completely dry it off since we still had classes, I thought it was already dry enough to allow me to wear shoes and run off to class. But apparently not. As I removed my shoes, they got distroyed. But around Intrams time (around the time the photos were taken) I finally, finally had the chance to get the nails I wanted! ♥



MINNIE NAILS! ♥ My bestfriend, Feliz subscribed to this neat video channel on Youtube that shows simple tutorials of amazing, unique, nail arts. Feliz showed me a link to the Minnie Mouse tutorials and I fell in love with it. A few days after, Feliz, tried to do the nail art with the help of her sister in law. When I saw that she'd done it, I got jealous and ask her to do mine too! Hahahaha we ended up having a complete day of bonding at our house. She painted my nails, we did photoshoots with the nails and various Minnie-inspired props around my room, talked, ate, watched TV, she stayed overnight and we had a blast. I had my Minnie nails on for the rest of the Sem break. I just love Minnie nails and that marked the start of my interest in nails arts ♥



This was taken not that long ago. It was on Atina's birthday where the theme was to wear black with any accent of pink on it. I had a pink bag and nails for the party. Here, I used Etude House nail polish which I previously also wore on JemJem's birthday (no pics showing the nails available). The day after this debut, I also attended another friend's debut (Honey's) and wore the same color since I didn't remove it.


(photo credit: Jon Lim(?)/Abby Tan (confused who took this); camera: Abby Tan)

Right after Atina's awesome debut, my friends surprised me by greeting me with cake, balloons, party hats and happy faces right on the 1 2th midnight of my birthday. I love them so much as I love this shade of pink! =) lol. I probably am going to put up a separate post on the surprise they had for me, some other time. Moving on..



(photo by: Itiin Suson, camera: Patty Garces)

On my birthday celebration a week after my actual birthday, I had yellow green nails, courtesy of Teep =) Second time I wore a similar shade of green. I just can get enough of green. Fun fact: My favorite color is green - as if it's not obvious enough. Hahaha :)






This is what I have right now, as I am currently typing this blog. I have mint green nails (green!!) with black polka dots I achieved by using a nail dotting pen. I'm so proud of my nails since I did everything on my own. It took me 2 hours to get everything done, and even with that two hours, my nails still look stupid, but whatevaaah. Haha I really have suckish hands with nail painting. That's why I always look for somebody to do my nails for me. Hahaha but this one, I did on my own, LA LA LA ♥

And that's about it, for now. I know that there's still much to come. I even still have a nail polish that I haven't used yet. I love colors ♥♥

That's all for now.
☮ and ♥,
M.